Simple Cured Beef Salad
Our air-dried beef by Chiltern Charcuterie is an amazing product which is very similar to Italian Bresaola. It's thinly sliced, beautifully marbled and has a distinct but subtle beef taste.
Because this meat is delicate in flavour it works best served simply on platters and in salads to let the taste shine through.
This salad is perfect for a filling, healthy lunch or looks spectacular in its larger version (pictured below) as part of a dinner party spread.
1 pack Chiltern Charcuterie air dried beef
2 Burford Brown eggs, soft boiled (8 minutes)
100g good quality baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 butterhead lettuce (also known as 'round' lettuce)
1 bag of rocket
1 ciabatta roll
- Use a bread knife to cut the ciabatta roll into cubes, drizzle well with olive oil and toast in the oven at 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Peel and slice the eggs into quarters
- Start by alternating leaves of lettuce with slices of the air-dried beef
- Then build a stack of rocket and tomatoes in the centre, add the sliced egg evenly around the outside.
- Top with the croutons once cooled and drizzle with olive oil & balsamic glaze.
Larger dinner party version with parmesan shavings, serves 8